The purpose of me creating this blog is a way to share the "comings" and "goings" of our little family, with those friends and family who we love! Peter is at such a fun age (3 1/2) that each day you just never know what new thing he might do or say! Why not invite you, the reader to laugh, cry or smile with us, as we experience life as we know it!
A few weeks ago Peter and I were in Target shopping. We were walking by the baby clothes and I commented on how cute they were. Peter then asked me, "Mom, are we going to have a baby?" I responded by saying, "Yes, I hope some day soon and left it at that." As we were standing in the checkout line, I stood there admiring the little boy he is becoming, "the apple of my eye."
So, you might be wondering the same thing...when is baby #2 coming for us? Well, for those of you who don't know why that hasn't happened yet, I will try to keep it as simple and brief as possible(the best that I can. I have a hard time not including every little detail when telling a story).
When Pete turned 1(Sept 2008) we decided it was time to start trying again, my regular obgyn put me on a fertility drug called Clomid (something that worked great before). In May of 2009, they suggested we have a few basic tests done. Everything came back "normal." We were than advised to see an Infertility Clinic.
We made the decision to see the clinic and try that route from (Nov 2009 to March of 2010) With all of the wonderful technology there is these days and rigorous monitoring(which I won't go into detail, just know it was stressful, and somewhat intrusive both physically and mentally and emotionally) nothing was happening. The only explanation we were given was they didn't know why I wasn't getting pregnant and there was a 20% chance each month of conceiving for any couple. (So, I guess if you do conceive right away consider yourself lucky)!!
I wasn't satisfied with "everything looks normal and we don't know why." I knew something medically had to be going on, but how could I get the help I needed? The two doors I knew(obgyn and infertility clinic) were now closed!
A year later, I can answer that question, with the help of a doctor who finally looked at the whole picture and figured out what might be going on!! I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Disease(PCOD)=ovaries do not function normally and ovulate irregularly.
Treatment for PCOD can be done, but may be difficult to pinpoint what exactly is going on. In my case, I am doing several things...decreasing my sugar intake, decreasing the production of the male hormones in my body, by taking medication, taking Vitamins D and Flaxseed oil, monitoring my cycle and mucus production daily and lastly, my husband will get to give me a shot of progesterone (3 different times in my cycle). A big pain in my butt (literally speaking)!!
And that is our story....
I am not going to become one of those people that all I write about is my infertility. I hope to keep you informed of our progress and know that I will talk about this difficult subject, if you care to discuss it with me. We are thankful each day for Peter and so glad we have him!
Until next time, I thank you for taking the time to read this entry! It means a lot to me....
No comments:
Post a Comment