Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Little Helper

It's been a few years since we did some landscaping at our house, so we (I) decided this spring/summer we needed to do a few more things.  Our red painted mulch was looking rather faded, so we had a truck  deliver mulch, edging and block for our big project.

When they delivered the items they used a forklift.  I was glad we were home because Peter took a front row seat watching all the action.  When they were done, the man asked if Peter would like a ride on the forklift, of course I said, "yes!"  My only regret was I didn't have my camera.  I ran inside after the ride was done to at least take a picture of the forklift, so Pete would have a cool picture of an experience he probably will not forget!


"The Forklift"
  

My project this week has been refreshing the mulch..  Dave said, "it is a perfect project for me because of my meticulous nature."  He is right!  I am almost done and am excited for him to start on his part of the project (block around the trees in front and figuring out what we are going to do with the back corner of the yard).
Peter keeps asking when we can plant the tomatoes in the garden.  He even has offered to dig holes for me!!  Once the weather "stays warm"  we will begin to plant!  In the meantime, he is happy helping water the strawberry, raspberry and chives plants for now!

"Little Helper"
  

     I am proud to say Dave and I successfully survived the "pain in the butt" shot experience last week.  The nurse did a wonderful job teaching him in the office how to correctly administer a shot.  When it came time for us to be on our own, a few days later, we both were a little apprehensive with the whole experience!  However, we both did fine and by the third shot we were glad the experience was done, at least for this month.  I am VERY thankful we don't have to do this daily, the soreness I experienced was tolerable and I continue to be hopeful that every step is worth the outcome!!


Summer is right around the corner... we hope where ever you are, that you are enjoying the early rising sun, birds chirping and signs of new growth!

Until next time....

No comments: