Monday, June 20, 2011

"School's Out for Summer"

June has turned out to be a busy month!  Here are a few highlights....
I attended an 8th grade graduation, went to an end of the year party at school, hosted a joint retirement party at our house and went to two grad parties (mind you this all took place in one week), but we survived and who doesn't like a week of parties, right!

We are in week 2 of summer vacation and Pete and I have been enjoying summer so far...especially our garden!  Last week our strawberries started turning red, which meant we could finally enjoy some fruit.  I let Peter have the "first strawberry of the season."  He loved it and said, "Mom it's really good!"  I captured a picture of him taking a bite...(as you will see, he is on his John Deer Tractor).  He was pretending to "harvest hay" in our yard!

My strawberry from the garden!



This week and next, Peter will be attending a 4 day camp from 9 to 12:30 at his pre-school.  The theme is called "all about nature."  Today he learned about  different types of trees.  He brought home some cool art projects (a bark rubbing and a picture of a tree, using paint and cookie cutters)...see below.

Art work from summer camp "trees"

I will be going to the doctor sometime next month.  She and I will be able to look at my charts and  discuss how things are going.  I think we will be discussing what the next plan of action is, now that my cycles are more "normal."  I am hoping for a positive appointment and I am feeling better now that my body is hopefully "back on track."

Hope you are enjoying the warm summer days, beautiful green trees, grass and flowers!

Until next time....

No comments: