Thursday, July 14, 2011

I'm a Minnesotan!

This week Peter has been busy learning all about Minnesota at pre-school (he liked his pre-school camp so much last month, we were able to sign him up for the July session).  I have to say I was pleasantly surprised to find out that our almost 4 year old has been soaking up all sorts of fun and important things about MN. (This is usually a theme that is learned in the later years of elementary school).  He learned a song about Minnesota and did some fun projects too, take a look...

The "blue" is Grandpa's lake.  
Peter can do a pretty good "Loon call!"

We spent about a week up at the Gooley cabin over the 4th of July and had beautiful weather!  Peter's swim lessons have really paid off.  He was brave enough to start wanting to swim under water to me, as well as jumping in numerous times!  He likes it even more when he can wear his googles (instead of the straps being behind his ears, he likes having them over his ears, looks uncomfortable but he insists that "this way makes them tighter, mom")!!  

I was able to be worked into my Dr's schedule this week and Dave was able to come too!  We got some good news... we no longer have to do the injections (HORRAY! Oh, Darn!) and she feels my body is doing what it is suppose to, which hopefully will make getting pregnant easier.  I kind of look at it like this... for the last 6 months we were able to clean house, now it is a matter of carefully putting away the fine china!!
  I will still need to be on the my other medications, as well as using progesterone pills, during certain times of my cycle.  The next step will be to do a "hormone profile"  where I will need to go into the office to get blood draws every few days, so she can take a look to see where my hormones are and if they are doing what they are suppose to. 
I walked away from the appointment feeling really hopeful that I could actually be pregnant in the next few months.  Not that I want to get my hopes up too much, but better to be positive, right!

I will leave you with this goofy picture of our Sweet little Pete....

Pretending to use the leaf blower!

Until next time....


No comments: