Friday, June 22, 2012

It's here, Summer!!

Again it has been a very long time since my last post (6 months to be exact)!  I have had a few friends who read my blog comment on no recent activity, so I thought I should update on how things are going!!

At the end of March we went on our first family trip down to Florida!  We are fortunate enough to both have an aunt and uncle that live an hour from each other.  We were a little worried about the extended plane ride(since flying to Denver is a breeze) but, with a quick layover in St. Louis the plane ride wasn't too bad.  Peter became a Cardinal's fan on the way to FL(we had to buy a t-shirt in the airport because he had gotten sick during the plane ride).  The first thing he asked when he got off the plane was, "where was the beach and can we go there today?"  We couldn't have asked for better weather and wonderful hostesses!

We stayed the first part of our trip with Dave's aunt and uncle in Crystal River.  We were able to go on a nice boat ride on the river.  We learned a ton at the Homosassa  Springs.  There was so much wonderful wild life and we got our own personal tour of the park by Dave's Aunt's friend who volunteers at the park, what a treat!!  We also found a local swimming pool to cool off at.  Next, we headed to Tampa where we went to the beach, Lego Land and again went swimming down the street.  We were able to spend time with my cousins and their newly added children!  Peter was happy to meet some more cousins!  It was so nice to get away and enjoy time with both of our families!!

At the Beach!!!

The latest update on my infertility is this....

If I would have written this two weeks ago I would not have much to say except for not a lot new has happened (a BIG disappointment)!!!  However, last Friday and today have opened up new possibilities once again for this now, 4 year LONG journey...

I saw my Dr. last week and what was discovered by her, after a whole cycle's worth of follicle ultrasounds (35 days to be exact), as well as blood draws is that she is not certain that I am even ovulating.  It was detected that two different times in my cycle it appeared that I was going to ovulate, but when she confirmed ovulation with a progesterone blood draw, it was found that no ovulation had happened.   Apparently this can be common with patients that have PCOS, which I do.   I am getting a period every cycle, but what was thought as a period, may in fact just be bleeding from uterine build up.

 I was referred to a different doctor(hopefully lucky # 5, being she is the 5th doctor I have seen throughout this journey) that I saw today.  She will be able to preform laparoscopy surgery to see if in fact I have endometriosis (another cause of infertility).  Most patients that suffer from this problem may have symptoms like pelvic pain, heavy periods etc..   The possibility did cross my mind 2 years ago, but I pretty much do not have the classic symptoms that are associated with this. So, I never pushed the "possibility!"  It is never good to look back on situations and say "should have, could have," but believe me I have already done so and hope not to do so in the future, but it is human nature, right??

She may find I do not have endometriosis, but there is not way of telling without doing the laproscopy.  While she is in there she may do an additional procedure called ovarian drilling, sounds worse than it is!  I believe this procedure could help trigger ovulation.   When will all this take place??  Hopefully the beginning of August.  It is an outpatient surgery and she believes it could take up to a week to recover, but hopefully sooner.  So there it is, I can say through this process I am thankful to still have faith, hope and the love of a very dear husband!  I will keep you posted as the time gets closer and I ask that you continue to think positive thoughts for us!

Until next time....








No comments: