Friday, August 24, 2012

Summer Adventures

I am loving this hot summer, August day!  We have had cooler "fall" like weather the past week and a half, so I fully welcome the sun and 90 degree temps today.  One last chance to swim at the pool...

We have had an adventurous month + at our house...

  Over the 4th we spent time up at the cabin.  We had nice weather and good times with Dave's family.  You know it is hot when the moms are in the lake too, swimming and even doing some stunts off the diving dock.

Minnesota Cousins
The week after the 4th Peter attended a two week camp.  One of the themes was Olympics.  In his class they had events set up one day and got metals, as well as doing some nice art projects.  What a great was to introduce him to what the Olympics are and when they actually were on, he was pretty excited to watch some of the events.  A win/win situation!

The last full week of July my two oldest sisters and their sons drove from Denver to Minneapolis.  We had an action packed week with  a trip to the Mall Of America, Minnehaha Falls, The River Rats Water Ski Show and a trip Up North.  Peter loved getting to spend time with his Colorado cousins and I loved being able to show my sisters all the cool places to go around the city!

Colorado Cousins


The first week of August my other sister came out to help take care of Peter and to help around the house.  Peter loved spending time with her for the week!!!  She was a blessing to have with us!  He was a very sweet boy.... he made sure I had enough crackers, helped me out of bed, asked me how I was feeling and wondered if I was back to 100% yet!  Which leads me to the latest update with our journey....

On Aug. 6th I had laparoscopic surgery, I was pretty nervous because I was unsure how the surgery would go and what she would or would not find!  Well, much to our surprise it was revealed I have endometriosis, something I really never suspected! (Most people with this condition have obvious symptoms such as pelvic pain, and heavy periods.  The only way to truly confirm you have it, is through this surgery and a biopsy.  By having her remove the endometriosis, it should remain out of my body for up to 18months). They also  confirmed  poly cystic ovaries.   She removed the endometriosis and possibly a cyst, as well  as doing a procedure called ovarian drilling.  Unfortunately, we will not be able to truly know what has caused me to not be able to conceive, but I am sure the two things have not helped things!!

So now what?
That's the big question!!  I met with my surgeon today and she was very positive and optimistic...  basically we are going to see how my body reacts on it's own to the procedure with out any medications or interventions.  In three months, we will see where we are at and go from there!  Exciting and scary at the same time.  The last four years have definitely been a roller coaster ride both mentally and emotionally!
 Thank you to those of you who helped out with Peter, made a meal, stopped by to say hello or simply told me you have been praying for me, it means the world to me that I have many people thinking of me/us!  Please continue to pray for us, we need positive prayers and thoughts now more than ever...

Going on a new adventure!


Until Next Time....

No comments: