![]() |
| Surprise! |
I know it may seem strange, but it took until about week 12 or much beyond for me to "get excited" about this news. I attribute this to a few reasons... having a lot of nausea, the fear that I would miscarry again and just the emotional strain of going through infertility for so long. Three weeks ago we had our 20 week ultra sound and I really enjoyed getting to see the baby! Especially, the two pictures they did that were 3D! I felt a true connection, that there is a precious little one growing inside of me. We once again, choose not to find out if it is a boy or girl. As hard as it is to not find out, we love having a huge surprise at the end and it is fun to keep wondering which it could be :) My due date is November 11.
As you can imagine our almost 6 year old, Peter can't wait for the big day to come. He has been very sensitive and caring to my needs. He isn't afraid to ask questions and has already included this new sibling into his daily life. He will talk to my belly making sure to say hello and goodbye, good morning and goodnight. Sometimes he will nuzzle up and give hugs too! I am slowly beginning to see that even though there will be a 6 year span between the two of our children, it truly is a blessing and how cool it has been and will be for Peter to be so in tune with this little person!
We have been keeping busy this summer with trips to the pool, a few summer camps, t- ball twice a week, going to the cabin and a trip to Denver is planned in August. We had a bad storm roll through cities in the middle of June, that caused heavy rain and wind gusts over 70 miles. Which resulted in a pine tree falling on our roof at 3am. It was very scary, but we were lucky it did not go through the roof, nor did anyone get hurt! I would say the worse thing was having no power for 5 days. Thank goodness for the generator that was purchased last fall. We were able to keep our two fridges going!
We hope you are enjoying your summer and we thank you for all the prayers! I hope to write again before November! Peter starts kindergarten in the fall and I am sure I will have some stories to share about his experiences!
Until Next Time...

No comments:
Post a Comment